Sunday, July 15, 2012

Turquoise and Brown

Posted by Unknown at 3:57 AM
I know everyone is all aflutter for Hair Fair right now and with good reason! But in the meantime, here's a little look of the day I threw together in the middle of the night. More talking after the jump!

This first pic I played around in photoshop a bit, applying shadows, liquifying some rough edges and so on. I'm still an amateur but I was pretty happy with it.


This second one, aside from a little cropping and so on, they are un touched.

Credits:

Skin - Glam Affair Roza 1 @ The Dressing Room
Hair - D!VA Hair - Brown Diamond
Shape - Mine
Makeup Layers - Mock Cosmetics - Honoria Eyeliner Noir, Andromada Lashes Noir, Lucir Lipgloss in Copper Rose
Nails - Mandala Super Long
Shoes - N-Core Poison in Turquoise
Tank - Jane - Intrinsic Tank in Turquoise
Skirt - Paradisis Suede Skirt in Brown
Jewelry - Necklace and Earrings - Earthstones, Bangles - Virtual Impressions
Poses - I use a pose stand from purple poses, a simple box I made for myself to pose in, and poses from purple poses and diesel works.

Click the post title to read my commentary below :)



I am not usually a big fan of Glam Affair skins, at least I haven't been in the past but this one really just blows me away. The best part is, the skins are being offered at teeny tiny prices. The Dressing Room offers Roza 1 for 70l. You can also snatch up Roza 2, a beautiful pinky pink makeup at the Glam Affair since they are the shop of the session or whatever it's called this time round. And there's three natural makeups at 188l each at Collabor88. I really loved the turquoise shadow on this skin and used that to spring board the rest of the look. I kept makeup layers minimal other than a bit of shadow and lashes to play up the eyes and I used a lip gloss from mock in a similar tone to the lips on the skin to give the lips a bit more oomph.

The rest of the look is pretty simple. This jewelry set is a former Collabor88 item from Earthtones and picks up both the turquoise and the brown without overpowering in the matchy matchy. I'm using a gorgeous hair from D!va in a newer shade called brown diamond which is just beautiful. I have to size up several times for it to fit my head but the easy resizer makes that no problem.

I picked up these bangles from Virtual Impressions when they were offered as a group special, they are mesh but not rigged and therefore resize like any other prims.

The intrinsic tanks from Jane are such a staple and I just snagged one in a Turquoise tone to wear with this look. I matched it with a brown suede skirt from Paradisis to keep the look a bit down to earth and finished with the Poison heels in Turquoise from N-Core. I think this color was a 295 special a while back too!

I don't have the exact name for the hair and the skirt or the jewelry set right now cause I've already logged off but I'll fix that when I'm next online. In the meanwhile, hope you like.

xoxox Jewel :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

 

Jewel's View © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot