Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Comfy Newness!

Posted by Unknown at 1:07 AM
I have had a lot of issues with mesh, but some of the items I'm seeing out right now are so tempting! Also, I read a few things on how to get mesh to fit better without totally compromising your shape. The main tip that really worked for me was to adjust breast join to around 50... it helped a lot!

Anyway, see below for my pics, credits and then more commentary!

Full length view ---->




 Detailed Views --->







Credits:
Skin - Glam Affair - Cassiopeia - Jamaica 7 (also wearing Jamaica cleavage layers)
Shape - Mine
Hair - Truth  - Kiki with Roots - Pecan
Eyes - Ikon Utopia Eyes - Light Blue
Makeup Layers:
     Boom - Liquid Glaze Lashed Liner Black
     Kosh - Liquid Eyeshadow Peach
     Kosh - Shimmery and Smoke Eyeshadow - smog
     Mock Cosmetics - Clear Gloss
Outfit - Opium - Denim and Lace Mesh Top and Shorts set Sand
Jewelry:
      Kosh - Angel Key Necklace and Earrings
      Pepper - Bracelets - Color Me and Leather Bracelet
Shoes - Maitreya Gold - Esprit Brown
Poses - Purple Poses
Backdrops - PNP - Dreamland 1, 2 and 3

Here's some arty pictures I did of the same outfit also!



Those pillows under me were part of a group gift welcome pack from What Next. They are just props though, I am still using Purple Poses :) 

Click the post title to see my commentary hidden below.

So I saw these outfits, I think it was on Diana's blog and I really just fell in love with them even though I have had a lot of trouble with getting mesh to fit and I also have some issues with the idea of standard sizing altogether. Nevertheless I dragged my tush over to Opium and tried on the demos. I also found a handy notecard in the demo pack with info on how to get mesh to fit better with a minimum of changing your avatar shape. One of the best suggestions was to adjust your breast JOIN slider .... mine is usually set at around 25 but she suggested changing it to 50 which I did, then to adjust gravity... I only had to adjust gravity slightly and voila! the top fit.

The bottoms were not a problem. I'm wearing a medium in both pieces. Honestly I think this is some of the best texturing of mesh pieces I have seen and I just love how this casual set looks on. You can also wear the pieces separately, just the shorts with a regular tank or some other mesh top or just the top with jeans or whatever.  I also wanted to point out that although the shorts are short and low rise, they never looked ugly or looked weird when I was wearing them. 

The Maitreya Esprit is one of my go to shoe styles for a casual and comfy look like this and the Brown color was a perfect match.

 I love Kosh's accessories and makeup layers so I added the Angel Key necklace and earrings and then put on my makeup over this beautiful new Cassiopeia skin. 

As I've said before Glam Affair and I have not had a good relationship with skins but I really love this one. My only quibble was with the eyebrows. Maybe it's just me but the eyebrows on this skin seem quite thick and dark - more than I am used to. However, Glam Affair offers 3 eyebrow shapes in the skin pack and I found that the third one seemed to work for me and mitigate some of that sense of... zomg you have really big eyebrows! I would love it though if they would perhaps consider providing a no brow option and some tat brow choices. Just a thought :)

I thought I needed a bit more liner and gloss so I added the Boom Liquid Glaze liner (which I love and wear all the time) and the Clear Gloss from Mock Cosmetics which is such a handy little helper on a variety of skins. 

Finally I needed some kind of bracelets so I ran over to Pepper and picked up these two leather bracelet sets. Both have menu driven color change options that go on forever so you can be sure of getting a match for simply anything you are wearing. 

I wore this outfit for almost 3 days I loved it so much, before I could get settled to take pics and so on. Hope you liked!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

 

Jewel's View © 2012 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor Vector by Webdesignhot